httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Tear down of module on server stop
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 15:59:34 GMT

On 06/07/2013 09:52 AM, Sean Beck wrote:
> All I really need a pool for is so I have something to pass as a parameter.
>
> I see here <https://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/1.3/group___pool_cleanup.html>that
> apr_pool_cleanup_register actually takes two functions as parameters.
> The one I would want is plain_cleanup, right? If I understand pools
> correctly, pools are destroyed/cleaned up when the server shuts down.

Not all pools are created equally.  A temporary pool may be cleaned up
earlier.  A request pool may be cleaned up when the request is
complete.  Check your cart-before-the-horse logic.  If you create a
temporary pool, expect it to be cleaned up when you destroy it.  The
pool associated with the post_config hook will be cleaned up on
shutdown.  I'll repeat myself again : use the one provided by the
post_config hook.

Joe