httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Marantz <jmara...@google.com>
Subject Re: Apache Buckets and Brigade
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 16:41:13 GMT
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Sindhi Sindhi <sindhi.for@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to all for the reply.
>
> Josh, the concern I mentioned was, we may not want mod_pagespeed to modify
> the in-memory HTML content. The only change we may want to see in our HTML
> will be that the old strings are replaced by the new strings after applying
> our business logic which is already done by the C++ filter module I have
> written. This C++ filter implements all our business logic and takes an
> input buffer that is expected to be the entire HTML file content. So the

Yeah the filter I gave you gives you only a block of HTML characters.  E.g.
if you have
then you'll get this as 3 calls to Characters: "a b c d ", "e", and " f".
 Other than that, the Characters method I pointed you to has exactly the
interface you asked for: it gets you an entire block of HTML text in one
modifiable std::string which you can mutate at will.  And it irons out all
the brigade stuff for you.

You can configure mod_pagespeed to run just one filter so no other
modifications are made.

But it looks like you probably need to read Nick's book.  You can also read
mod_deflate.c or one of the other content-modifying filters such as mod_sed
or mod_substitute.

-Josh