httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Issue in using php5_module module.
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 14:56:07 GMT
On 05/28/2013 08:38 AM, Sindhi Sindhi wrote:
> [SNIP]
>
> With these changes, when I start httpd.exe and try to launch a simple php
> file shown above, from the browser, the first time I see that my filter
> module gets the correct php data from php file in the buckets. But when I
> try to open the same php file second time, I see that there are some extra
> strings appended to the original php file contents and sent to my filter
> module in the buckets. So in my filter when I read php data from the bucket
> I get the php data and some additional strings appended to the php data
> like below -

> %20Safari/8536.25 HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost
>
> Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Are you sure it's a problem with the php5_module and not your filter?  I
only ask because the php5_module has been installed in numerous
locations throughout the world, with custom modules (including an output
filter of mine that wraps the page into a template), without issue.  I
had run into a similar problem eons ago (I believe about 10 years or
so).  In fact, I have one question that (if you answer honestly) will
probably tell you where your problem is.

Are you NULL-terminating all of your strings when you set them up at the
beginning of the transaction?  If you say "yes", please send copies of
code.  If you say "no", please fix and try again.  When I ran into that
problem so long ago, I was mistakenly working under the assumption that
the strings being passed around were NULL-terminated, which is not
always the case.

Joe
--
http://www.silverhawk.net/