httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get name of config file for module
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 20:32:17 GMT
On 2013-05-21 21:36, Sean Beck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have written a module and now would like to log the name of the actual
> config file being used by the module (there will be multiple modules on the
> server with their own config files. I looked through
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/developer/modguide.html but am still
> struggling to understand how Apache knows what the config file is for each
> module and how I can check what the name of the actual name of the file is
> for each module.

There is no such thing as a module-specific configuration file. In
principle a single file could contain the configuration for all modules.

The configuration files are split per-module for convenience only, in
order to be able to activate modules independently.

The configuration _directives_ are defined per-module (but actually
nothing stops you from defining the same configuration directive in
several modules).

Apache defines a directive called "Include". This directive allows for
the splitting of the entire configuration into several files. But from
apache's point of view there is no correspondence between the files into
which the configuration is split and the modules that define the
directives found in those files.

Sorin