httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ Apache module fails to load
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 08:38:03 GMT
On 2013-05-11 08:35, Sindhi Sindhi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have created a C++ Apache module that performs text filtering operations.
> I used Visual Studio 2010 to build/compile the source code to generate the
> DLL. I have Apache httpd-2.4.4-win64 installed from
> http://www.apachelounge.com/download/win64/. I have a Windows 7 64-bit OS.
>
> But if I copy the same DLL on to a different laptop having same operating
> system and Apache configuration, I get the following error when I try to
> start httpd.exe -
>
>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 174 of C:/Apache24/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
> load modules/MyFilter.dll into server: The specified module could not be
> found.
 >
 > Could you please advice?

I have no clue but check that you have exactly the same configuration
and the same directory tree. Check the arguments of the LoadModule
directive and check that MyFilter.dll is placed where LoadModule expects
it. Try replacing the relative paths with absolute paths. The relative
paths are relative to the ServerRoot, so check that the ServerRoot
directive has the same arguments. Check that the ServerRoot or other
configuration directives are not overwritten by some command-line
arguments in the apache-lauching script, if any.

Sorin