httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Graf László <gr...@datatrans.hu>
Subject Re: Using APR based C++ classes in Apache2 module
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 08:07:39 GMT

> On 05/01/2013 06:21 AM, Somostetoi Kilato wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> I have a small web page generator library, written in C++ and I am
>> rewriting it to use APR. More, I would like to create an Apache2 module
>> which will use this generator. But I have no idea how to integrate it
>> into
>> Apache2.
>>
>> Maybe somebody is so kind to guide me in this process and he/she can
>> provide me some examples. Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> SK
>>
> If you have the Apache HTTP server source code, there are a number of
> examples.  If you don't have access, I'd suggest procuring a copy of
> Nick Kew's book about writing HTTPD modules for Apache.
>
> If you cannot afford a book you can always use the documentation for
> getting started (virtually any popular search engine would be able to
> guide you to some things, for example, typing in "apache module example
> c++").
>
> Hopefully, this will help.  If you have specific questions that you
> cannot find answers to in the history of this list, we'd love to help.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Hi Joe,

I appreciate your response. I did a search on the net and I found this,
two parts, How-To:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/491909/Apache-2-x-Modules-In-Cplusplus-Part-1

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/492398/Apache-2-x-Modules-In-Cplusplus-Part-2

I followed all the steps but at the end, when I restarted the Apache
server, I got this error:

httpd: Syntax error on line 521 of /home/sk/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load modules/mod_foo.so into server:
/home/sk/indian/modules/mod_foo.so: undefined symbol:
foo_register_config_ptr

I links to the header files into the Apache2's include folder and a link
to the SO into the Apache2's modules folder.

Am I missing something here?

Best regards,
SK