httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ralf Mattes ...@seid-online.de>
Subject Re: Using APR based C++ classes in Apache2 module
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 09:11:08 GMT
On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 10:07:39AM +0200, Graf L?szl? wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> I appreciate your response. I did a search on the net and I found
> this, two parts, How-To:
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/491909/Apache-2-x-Modules-In-Cplusplus-Part-1
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/492398/Apache-2-x-Modules-In-Cplusplus-Part-2
>
> I followed all the steps but at the end, when I restarted the Apache
> server, I got this error:
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 521 of /home/sk/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load modules/mod_foo.so into server:
> /home/sk/indian/modules/mod_foo.so: undefined symbol:
> foo_register_config_ptr
>
> I links to the header files into the Apache2's include folder and a

No need to link the header files - what for?

> link to the SO into the Apache2's modules folder.

Yes, and obviously it's found by the server (otherwise it wouldn't complain
about it, would it? :-)

> Am I missing something here?

No you, but your linker. Where is 'foo_register_config_ptr' defined?
And before any further investigation: you don't by chance try to compile
with a C++ compiler? If so, You know about name mangling? If not, it's time
for some C vs. C++ readup ....

 HTH Ralf Mattes