httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.4.4 - undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 11:12:28 GMT
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:21 AM, Ian B <porjo38@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> ap_log_rerror is part of the core libraries, see:
>
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/**httpd/trunk/doxygen/group__**
> APACHE__CORE__LOG.html<http://ci.apache.org/projects/httpd/trunk/doxygen/group__APACHE__CORE__LOG.html>
>
> so I think you're going to have trouble making this work without a
> recompile.

The trouble you'll have is that even if you make up some hacks to get it to
load it will crash and burn (structure field offset and size changes, etc.)
whenever moving from one stable release to another (1.3->2.0, 2.0->2.2,
2.2->2.4, etc.).

It absolutely must be rebuilt from source.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/