httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Ian B" <porj...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject Re: Apache 2.4.4 - undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 07:21:31 GMT
ap_log_rerror is part of the core libraries, see:

http://ci.apache.org/projects/httpd/trunk/doxygen/group__APACHE__CORE__LOG.html

so I think you're going to have trouble making this work without a
recompile.

-----Original Message-----
From: ohaya@cox.net
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:20 AM
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Apache 2.4.4 - undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror

Hi,

We use a 3rd party module that works fine with Apache 2.2.x, but when we try
it with Apache 2.4.4, we get the Subject error:

undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror

>From searching, this is due to changes in Apache 2.4, and what I've seen
says that the module needs to be re-compiled for Apache 2.4.

However, we don't have access to the source for the module (it's an Oracle
module), and they are not saying when or if they'd modify the module for
Apache 2.4.x, so I was wondering if there is any way to work around this.

What I'm thinking/wondering if it'd be possible to LoadModule whatever
module exports that ap_log_rerror (and probably other ap_ symbols), then
maybe this would work?

So, I was wondering if anyone tell me which shared library/.so that
ap_log_rerror is exported from?

Thanks,
Jim