httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Apache 2.4.4 - undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi,

We use a 3rd party module that works fine with Apache 2.2.x, but when we try it with Apache
2.4.4, we get the Subject error:

undefined symbol: ap_log_rerror

>From searching, this is due to changes in Apache 2.4, and what I've seen says that the
module needs to be re-compiled for Apache 2.4.

However, we don't have access to the source for the module (it's an Oracle module), and they
are not saying when or if they'd modify the module for Apache 2.4.x, so I was wondering if
there is any way to work around this.

What I'm thinking/wondering if it'd be possible to LoadModule whatever module exports that
ap_log_rerror (and probably other ap_ symbols), then maybe this would work?

So, I was wondering if anyone tell me which shared library/.so that ap_log_rerror is exported
from?

Thanks,
Jim