httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: some key fields of request_rec are null
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 08:09:39 GMT
On 06/03/2013 23:21, Nce Rt wrote:

> A custom handler which is registered to run APR_HOOK_FIRST has these fields null when
processing http request:
>       r->content_type, r->parsed_uri.scheme
>
> the http request on the wire has the content_type header set.
>
> r->parsed_uri.path is not null though.
>

> apache is configured as reverse proxy here.

Hi Nce

1) You didn't say what handler - I assume you mean the default response
handler
2) Although request_rec might be misleading these days with many
server-side frameworks distinguishing between "Response" and "Request"
objects, it doesn't quite work that way in Apache; the request_rec has
worked pretty much the way it does for a loooooooong time.  So
r->content_type is actually used to set the *response* content type.
You might want to get Content-Type from r->headers_in

All the best,
   Issac