httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nce Rt <nce...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: unknown 401 entity from apache
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 23:40:37 GMT
Are there other mailing lists from apache on Modules development?

________________________________
 From: Nce Rt <nce_rt@yahoo.com>
To: "modules-dev@httpd.apache.org" <modules-dev@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2013 7:13 PM
Subject: unknown 401 entity from apache

Environment:
       Platform- linux
       Apache version- 2.2
       Modules enabled- deflate dir autoindex env mime negotiation custom_module reqtimeout
setenvif
       Name of my module- custom_module which is positioned APR_HOOK_FIRST

As you can see, both auth and authz are disabled completely. httpd.conf and apache2.conf files
reflect the same. In handling some proprietary authentication protocol in my custom_module,
I do return 401 status code along with a custom entity which goes thro' fine to the client.
But when I send a second 401 status return (required by my own auth protocol) along with a
custom entity, client do get the 401 status but a different entity below which I don't send:

server could not verify that youare authorized to access the documentrequested.  Either you
supplied the wrongcredentials (e.g., bad password), or yourbrowser doesn't understand how

The entity I put doesn't get sent out the client but the above. I've not defined any ErrorDocument
directive with the above message. Any clues?