httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Reyad Attiyat <reyad.atti...@gmail.com>
Subject Stuck on DBD DSO Lock
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 16:51:31 GMT
Hello modules-dev,
Was not sure if I should post in this mailing list or apr but I
have trouble using apr-util and the mysql dbd driver. In my apache module i
make several mysql connections using the apr dbd functions. I make one
connection in the postconfig hook where I perform a directory
syncronization with file metadata to the database. This is done in a thread
and works fine. Next I connect in the child init hook. This is where
apr_dbd_mysql blocks on a pthread lock. It will only block when i build
apr-util with dso support. I'm using the most recent version apr 1.5. It's
my theory that you can only load the mysql driver dso once but how would it
be possible to use it in each child proccess and the main server process?

Thanks for your help.