httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Possible to call Apache expression processor from module?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 19:34:40 GMT

---- ohaya@cox.net wrote:

> ---- Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM,  <ohaya@cox.net> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm starting to work on a new module, and part of the functionality that I'd
like to incorporate would involve processing Apache-type expressions to produce a true/false
result that my module would then use to decide what to do, in some cases.

> > > So, I  was wondering if there is some API or interface that is exposed in Apache
that would allow my module to  pass the interface an expression, and get a return result of
 true/false?

> > > I'm not sure if what I'm trying to explain is very clear, but if not, please
let me know and I'll try again.

> > You might look at how mod_rewrite uses ap_expr_* (from
> > include/ap_expr.h) in trunk or 2.4.
> >
> > --
> > Eric Covener
> > covener@gmail.com
>

> Eric,
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  I'll  take a look at that.
>
> Jim

Hi,

Is the "ap_expr.h" (and associated functionality only  available in 2.4+?  And it's not available
in 2.2.x?

Thanks,
Jim