httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Possible to call Apache expression processor from module?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:11:47 GMT

---- Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM,  <ohaya@cox.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm starting to work on a new module, and part of the functionality that I'd like
to incorporate would involve processing Apache-type expressions to produce a true/false result
that my module would then use to decide what to do, in some cases.

> > So, I  was wondering if there is some API or interface that is exposed in Apache
that would allow my module to  pass the interface an expression, and get a return result of
 true/false?

> > I'm not sure if what I'm trying to explain is very clear, but if not, please let
me know and I'll try again.

> You might look at how mod_rewrite uses ap_expr_* (from
> include/ap_expr.h) in trunk or 2.4.
>
> --
> Eric Covener
> covener@gmail.com

Eric,

Thanks for the pointer.  I'll  take a look at that.

Jim