httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Noordhuis <i...@bnoordhuis.nl>
Subject Re: aprmemcache question
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 14:58:39 GMT
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Joshua Marantz <jmarantz@google.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ben,
>
> That might be an interesting hack to try, although I wonder whether some of
> our friends running mod_pagespeed on FreeBSD might run into trouble with
> it.  I did confirm that my prefork build has APR built with
> APR_HAS_THREADS, which for some reason I had earlier thought was not the
> case.

It should work, provided you linked against libapr. The FreeBSD man
page says this:

  If dlsym() is called with the special handle NULL, it is interpreted as a
  reference to the executable or shared object from which the call is being
  made.  Thus a shared object can reference its own symbols.

And that's how it works on Linux, Solaris, NetBSD and probably OpenBSD as well.

> Do you have a feel for the exact meaning of that TTL parameter to
> apr_memcache_server_create?

You mean what units it uses? Microseconds (at least, in 2.4).