httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modules Communicating
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:25:05 GMT
On 2012-08-22 09:31, Adi Selitzky wrote:
> Hi!
> I am writing my own module that handles all incoming requests. In some cases, I want
this request to be handled by mod_python which I installed. In these cases, my module should
change the requested file extension to .py, which is configured to be handled by mod_python.

> AddHandler mod_python .py
>
> I have tow questions:
> 1. How can I set the modules order, so my module will handle the request first, change
its url, and then mod_python will handle it?

const char *succ[] = {"mod_python.c", NULL};
ap_hook_handler(&your_handler, NULL, succ, APR_HOOK_FIRST);

> 2. Which field in the request_rec I should change so it will take effect? I tried to
change the URL key in subprocess_env table, but the request was not handled by mod_python.

"AddHandler mod_python .py" simply sets r->handler to "mod_python" if
r->filename contains .py. So I guess that the python processing is
triggered by r->handler being "mod_python".

So you can try setting r->handler = "mod_python" and then return
DECLINED from your handler and forget about appending .py.

Sorin