httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <>
Subject Re: Modules Communicating
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:49:16 GMT
On 08/22/2012 01:31 AM, Adi Selitzky wrote:
> Hi!
> I am writing my own module that handles all incoming requests. In some cases, I want
this request to be handled by mod_python which I installed. In these cases, my module should
change the requested file extension to .py, which is configured to be handled by mod_python.
> AddHandler mod_python .py
> I have tow questions:
> 1. How can I set the modules order, so my module will handle the request first, change
its url, and then mod_python will handle it?
> 2. Which field in the request_rec I should change so it will take effect? I tried to
change the URL key in subprocess_env table, but the request was not handled by mod_python.
> apr_table_set(r->subprocess_env, "URL", strUriWithPyAtTheEnd);
> Thanks
Perhaps you should simply use an early hook (e.g.
"ap_hook_translate_name" should work if you are already using the
translate hook) and set r->handler to "mod_python", regardless of the

View raw message