httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Cantor, Scott" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject AP_INIT_TAKEn macros / gcc 4.6.3?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:23:53 GMT
I'm seeing a build bug on a Solaris box with a very recent GCC version against the Apache 2.4
headers, which I'm wondering about.

All my AP_INIT_TAKE1 macros for command handling are failing with:
error: expected primary-expression before '.' token

Looking at the macros, it's doing some kind of union initialization that I'm thinking might
have broken. My module is in C++, so it's a g++ issue, possibly.

This code has built/is building on many other compiler, platform, and Apache combinations
dating back to Apache 2.0 and 2.2 and gcc versions all the way back to 3.2 or so. I also have
a BSD box that works ok with the 2.2 headers and GCC 4.2. So it might be a very recent issue.

I'm still investigating, just wondering if anybody has seen this.

-- Scott