httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: endless loop in my module
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:27:31 GMT
On 07/25/2012 11:10 PM, Abitfarago Cini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need in my Apache 2 module an endless loop what starts after the module
> was loaded. Where should I put it?
Are you trying to prevent Apache from doing's it's job?  Why would you
want an endless loop?  What is the ultimate objective?

I'd not put an endless loop anywhere directly in a module.  If you have
to use one, please fork another process off, and use that process to
enter into an endless loop, then simply communicate with that process
via a socket.  Adding an endless loop into an apache module has the
potential to bring apache to it's knees.

Joe
--
http://www.silverhawk.net/