httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AP_INIT_TAKEn macros / gcc 4.6.3?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:51:56 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:17:51 +0000
"Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:

> Actually, I had this wrapped already. What broke is that this particular
> build is turning on AP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER, which is based on:
>
> #if (defined(__GNUC__) && !defined(__cplusplus))                \
>      || (defined(__STDC_VERSION__) && __STDC_VERSION__ >= 199901L)
> #define AP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER
> #endif
>
> The second half of that ifdef is activating even for g++, which is
> definitely not supposed to happen. Not sure why yet.

Did you fix it?

My recollection of the problem is from several years ago (I think it
first hit me updating from 2.0 to 2.2), and I have no actual recollection
of what fixed it.  My reply to you was based on a quick look at the
code in question, which uses the extern "C" { ... } and works!

--
Nick Kew