httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject "Best practices" or recommendations for logging from a module?
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 16:43:20 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on my 1st module, and everything seems to be working so far.  At this point, since
it's a first module, and I've been doing lots of debugging, mostly running Apache in single
process mode (-k start -X), I've only been using printf to output various things.

I am somewhat loath to remove some of the printf output, esp. since my module is still pretty
raw (though working), but I'm starting to look into how I can switch from using printf to
whatever is "normally" used for logging output from Apache modules.

Given that I don't want to completely remove the ability to output the debug output, is there
a best practice for logging from an Apache module?  Is it just to use the apr logging calls,
and set the level to debug?

Thanks,
Jim