httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Noordhuis <i...@bnoordhuis.nl>
Subject Re: Anyone have some example code doing simple HTTP GET request from within a module?
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 03:12:00 GMT
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:47 AM,  <ohaya@cox.net> wrote:
> Per earlier threads on this list, I've been working on an Apache module.  For the time
being, I'm kind of stuck because of the problems that I've run into with trying to integrate
my module with a 3rd party library, so just for my module, which is mainly a proof-of-concept,
I'd like to have my module do an HTTP GET request.

> So, I was wondering if anyone has some simple example code for doing that from within
a module, maybe using libcurl, or just natively using sockets?

> I'm trying to do this myself, and I've been looking at using libcurl, but most of the
examples that I've seen use the "easy" setup, so if someone has something like that that can
be shared, it'd be a big help.  Conversely, if I figure it out, I'll post some working snippets
here :)...

I suggest you reuse the existing infrastructure where possible. Have a
look at how mod_proxy makes HTTP requests.