httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Marantz <jmara...@google.com>
Subject Re: Determining mimetype of document
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 21:23:59 GMT
In understand any module *can* set content-type late: I'm just wondering if
that happens with any frequency.  E.g.when I googled for how to set
content-type in Apache, I got references to AddType and some hacks using
mod_rewrite, both of which would run upstream of my filter.  My main
concern is mod_headers since it runs downstream.

RE firefox sniffing content-type:  does that imply that if there is an
explicit mimetype it will ignore it and determine XHTML vs HTML via
sniffing, I suppose, for DOCTYPE?  Do you have a link to that bit of news?
 That certainly complicates things.

-Josh