httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Followup to earlier thread about "How to compiling/link/use Apache module that uses shared library?"
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:44:27 GMT
On 2012-06-22 17:35, ohaya@cox.net wrote:

> Sorry.  I meant to say:
>
> "So, my code calls ObConfig_initialize() then it appears that that calls
> ObConfig::initialize() which is presumably a C++ function. "

We develop our apache modules in C++ on a regular basis and they
interact with other modules written in plain C and there's no problem.

What I think happens in your case is:

I suspect that the Oracle lib was _statically_ linked with libcrypto. So
the code of some version of libcrypto is in the libobaccess binary. Then
mod_ssl is _dynamically_ linked with libcrypto. I suspect that the two
libcryptos have different versions and they are possibly incompatible =>
segfaults at all kind of mallocs/frees. I think it has nothing to do
with new/delete vs malloc/free.