httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: SOLVED was Re: How to compiling/link/use Apache module that uses shared library?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 00:27:09 GMT
On 6/21/12 5:49 PM, ohaya@cox.net wrote:
> ---- ohaya@cox.net wrote:
>> ---- Sorin Manolache<sorinm@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> And I forgot to say: run gdb in some sort of environment where you see
>>> your current source code line and a couple of surrounding lines. You
>>> could achieve this with the "list" command, but I prefer running gdb in
>>> emacs and let emacs do the nice listing of source code in a different panel.

>> Here's the function from my source.  It's the original from mod_headers.c, plus my
printf:

>> static int header_post_config(apr_pool_t *pconf, apr_pool_t *plog,
>>                                apr_pool_t *ptemp, server_rec *s)
>> {
>>      printf("In header_post_config\n");
>>      header_ssl_lookup = APR_RETRIEVE_OPTIONAL_FN(ssl_var_lookup);
>>      return OK;
>> }
>>
>> Jim
>
> Hi,
>
> I was able to get the segfault to go away.  Here's what I had to do:
>
> - Created /etc/ld.so.conf.d/my.conf, and added the directory where my libobaccess.so
was
> - Run 'ldconfig' to activate.
> - In the apxs command, DON'T include the -L and -l arguments
>
> After that, Apache appears to start ok, without segfault :)!!
>
> Thanks for all of the great help, esp. the suggestion about checking "ldconfig -p".
I still don't understand why, but I'm just glad that I can get past this piece so now I can
debug my module :)...

> Later,
> Jim
I'm just glad this list is as good as it is!

FYI, the ldconfig is the dynamic linker control, and those
/etc/ld.so.conf.d files provide additional search directories for the
linker to check in when loading a library.

Joe
--
http://www.silverhawk.net/