httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to access client certificate PEM and incoming request headers in a module?
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 07:40:01 GMT
On 2012-06-18 08:53, ohaya@cox.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll look at ssl_var_lookup a little later, but I'm still messing around with mod_headers.c,
tweaking it to understand how THAT is working :)...

> I added a call to header_request_env_var(r, "REMOTE_URI"), just to see what it got (running
Apache in single-process mode):

> printf("REMOTE_URI=[%s]\n", header_request_env_var(r, "REMOTE_URI") );
>
> Then I pointed a browser to http://<myhost>/test, where /test was a <Location>
with a RequestHeader (to trigger mod_headers) but I got:

> REMOTE_URI=[(null)]
>
> Shouldn't that be showing:
>
> REMOTE_URI=[/test]

How did you set the REMOTE_URI environment variable? I've grepped the
apache sources and there's no occurrence of REMOTE_URI, so I assume that
apache does not set it as part of its request processing.