httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Confused about modules processing order...
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

---- Sorin Manolache <sorinm@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2012-06-26 13:14, ohaya@cox.net wrote:
> >
> > ---- Sorin Manolache <sorinm@gmail.com> wrote:

mod_headers.c source, working.  The changes that I did to the original source were to add
some code in the insert_filter hook to inject an additional header into the request.

module, provided by Oracle (the Oracle Access Manager webgate, aka "webgate").

the webgate, it appears that, on incoming requests, the webgate processing occurs, but my
code in the modified mod_headers module is not called at all :(!!

APR_HOOK_LAST);

processing (content generation), and my code is hooked to insert_filter, which I thought occurs
earlier than content generation, so shouldn't my code get processed BEFORE Apache attempts
to process the webgate functions?

> >> insert_filter is run between the fixups and the handler hooks.
> >>
> >> Try to identify who is producing the variables that you need, in which
> >> phase they are available at the earliest. Then identify which part of
> >> web_gate hijacks the processing such that your code is not executed
> >> anymore. I suppose it is one of web_gate's auth_checker or
> >> check_user_id. If it was the web_gate handler then your code would have
> >> run before.
> >>
> >> Sorin
> >

> > Hi Sorin,
> >
> > I posted a later msg that I've been trying do something along the lines that you
said:

> > "I've been doing more testing, and it appears that the insert_filter hook (the
> > "ap_headers_insert_output_filter()" function) is the only place where I can put
> > my code where it has access to the variables that it needs to do the processing
> > that I'm doing.
> >
> > The problem is that if that other Oracle module is enabled in the Apache, it
> > runs before my code, and I can't get the insert_filter hook (my function) to get
> > processed before the Oracle module "
>
> The SSL variables are set in the fixups hook by mod_ssl. The fixups hook
> is run _after_ check_user_id and auth_checker. So you cannot rely on
> mod_ssl to populate the environment with the variables. I guess you'll
> have to get those variables yourself, before Oracle's check_user_id and
> auth_checker hooks.
>
> Sorin

Hi,

The original mod_headers code has a hook for fixups.  If I added an "after" string in the
code that registers my fixup function, with the name of the webgate, would that cause my modified
mod_headers to run before the webgate?

Also can you clarify/expand on what you mean by " you'll have to get those variables yourself"?
 I think that I'm currently getting them using env->setproc or something like that.

Jim