httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject SOLVED was Re: How to compiling/link/use Apache module that uses shared library?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:49:52 GMT

---- ohaya@cox.net wrote:

> ---- Sorin Manolache <sorinm@gmail.com> wrote:
> > And I forgot to say: run gdb in some sort of environment where you see
> > your current source code line and a couple of surrounding lines. You
> > could achieve this with the "list" command, but I prefer running gdb in
> > emacs and let emacs do the nice listing of source code in a different panel.

> Here's the function from my source.  It's the original from mod_headers.c, plus my printf:
>

> static int header_post_config(apr_pool_t *pconf, apr_pool_t *plog,
>                               apr_pool_t *ptemp, server_rec *s)
> {
>     printf("In header_post_config\n");
>     header_ssl_lookup = APR_RETRIEVE_OPTIONAL_FN(ssl_var_lookup);
>     return OK;
> }
>
> Jim

Hi,

I was able to get the segfault to go away.  Here's what I had to do:

- Created /etc/ld.so.conf.d/my.conf, and added the directory where my libobaccess.so was
- Run 'ldconfig' to activate.
- In the apxs command, DON'T include the -L and -l arguments

After that, Apache appears to start ok, without segfault :)!!

Thanks for all of the great help, esp. the suggestion about checking "ldconfig -p".  I still
don't understand why, but I'm just glad that I can get past this piece so now I can debug
my module :)...

Later,
Jim