httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: How to *add* a cookie in module?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

---- ohaya@cox.net wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > This is a followup to an earlier post/question, "How to access client certificate
PEM and incoming request headers in a module?".

> > As before, I'm starting with mod_headers.c, and then tweaking it, partly experimenting
with modules, and partly for a project that I'm working on (eventually).

> > What I'm trying to do now is:
> >
> > - I have a test Tomcat instance that is being proxied by Apache, with a small JSP
that just dumps the HTTP headers
> > - The Apache has my modified mod_headers.
> >
> > I now need to add ("inject") an additional cookie to the incoming request so that
when the JSP dumps the headers, it'll show whatever cookies originally existed, plus the one
that my modified mod_headers module added.

> > As before, I'm adding my code to the beginning of "ap_headers_insert_output_filter()"
in mod_headers.c:

> >     printf("\n\nIn ap_headers_insert_output_filter: About to call FIRST dump_request...\n");
> >     dump_request(r);
> >     printf("In ap_headers_insert_output_filter: Returned from calling FIRST dump_request...\n");
> >
> >     printf("\n\nIn ap_headers_insert_output_filter: About to call apr_table_addn()
to add 'Cookie' to r->headers_in\n");
> >     apr_table_addn(r->headers_in, "Cookie", "MyCookie=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBB");
> >     printf("In ap_headers_insert_output_filter: Returned from calling apr_table_addn()...\n");
> >
> >     printf("\n\nIn ap_headers_insert_output_filter: About to call ap_headers_fixup()...\n");
> >     ap_headers_fixup(r);
> >     printf("In ap_headers_insert_output_filter: Returned from calling ap_headers_fixup()...\n");
> >
> >     printf("\n\nIn ap_headers_insert_output_filter: About to call SECOND dump_request()...\n");
> >     dump_request(r);
> >     printf("In ap_headers_insert_output_filter: Returned from calling SECOND dump_request()...\n");
> >
> > .I'm running Apache in single process mode, so I can see the printf output, and
for that first call to dump_request(), I can see a "Cookie" header with a JSESSION cookie,
and then in the second call to dump_request, I can see a "Cookie" header, but it has only
my "MyCookie" cookie.  In other words, it looks like when the:

> > apr_table_addn(r->headers_in, "Cookie", "MyCookie=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBB");
> >
> > was executed, it overwrote the "Cookie" header in the r->headers_in table?
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how I can *add* a cookie in my module?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
> >
> > P.S.  BTW, by the time the headers are displayed by the JSP on the proxied Tomcat,
it shows ONLY the JSESSIONID cookie, i.e., it doesn't look like the MyCookie cookie got passed
to Tomcat?

> Hi,
>
> I think that I found one way to fix this.  Instead of:
>
> apr_table_addn(r->headers_in, "Cookie", "MyCookie=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBB");
>
> I did:
>
> apr_table_mergen(r->headers_in, "Cookie", "MyCookie=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBB");
>
> and I now see the cookie that I added, both in the dump_request() output and in the JSP
output.

> Jim

Hi,

I spoke too soon :(....  The apr_table_mergen puts a comma (",") in between each cookie name/value
pair, rather than a semicolon (";").

So, does anyone know how I can accomplish the merge of the cookie headers, but with semicolons
in between the name/value pairs?

Jim