httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject How to *add* a cookie in module?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 03:31:08 GMT
Hi,

This is a followup to an earlier post/question, "How to access client certificate PEM and
incoming request headers in a module?".

As before, I'm starting with mod_headers.c, and then tweaking it, partly experimenting with
modules, and partly for a project that I'm working on (eventually).

What I'm trying to do now is:

- I have a test Tomcat instance that is being proxied by Apache, with a small JSP that just
dumps the HTTP headers
- The Apache has my modified mod_headers.

I now need to add ("inject") an additional cookie to the incoming request so that when the
JSP dumps the headers, it'll show whatever cookies originally existed, plus the one that my
modified mod_headers module added.

As before, I'm adding my code to the beginning of "ap_headers_insert_output_filter()" in mod_headers.c:

    printf("\n\nIn ap_headers_insert_output_filter: About to call FIRST dump_request...\n");
    dump_request(r);
    printf("In ap_headers_insert_output_filter: Returned from calling FIRST dump_request...\n");

    printf("\n\nIn ap_headers_insert_output_filter: About to call apr_table_addn() to add
'Cookie' to r->headers_in\n");
    apr_table_addn(r->headers_in, "Cookie", "MyCookie=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBB");
    printf("In ap_headers_insert_output_filter: Returned from calling apr_table_addn()...\n");

    printf("\n\nIn ap_headers_insert_output_filter: About to call ap_headers_fixup()...\n");
    ap_headers_fixup(r);
    printf("In ap_headers_insert_output_filter: Returned from calling ap_headers_fixup()...\n");

    printf("\n\nIn ap_headers_insert_output_filter: About to call SECOND dump_request()...\n");
    dump_request(r);
    printf("In ap_headers_insert_output_filter: Returned from calling SECOND dump_request()...\n");

.I'm running Apache in single process mode, so I can see the printf output, and for that first
call to dump_request(), I can see a "Cookie" header with a JSESSION cookie, and then in the
second call to dump_request, I can see a "Cookie" header, but it has only my "MyCookie" cookie.
 In other words, it looks like when the:

apr_table_addn(r->headers_in, "Cookie", "MyCookie=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBB");

was executed, it overwrote the "Cookie" header in the r->headers_in table?

Can anyone tell me how I can *add* a cookie in my module?

Thanks,
Jim

P.S.  BTW, by the time the headers are displayed by the JSP on the proxied Tomcat, it shows
ONLY the JSESSIONID cookie, i.e., it doesn't look like the MyCookie cookie got passed to Tomcat?