httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc apocalypse17" <apocalyps...@gmx.de>
Subject Change Request-Header before mod_rewrite
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 20:53:06 GMT
Hi all,

I just developed my first apache module following the tutorial on the apache website. The
module is responsible for adding one header value to the active request which must be checked
in a mod_rewrite ReWriteCondition.
The problem is, that this value never reaches the mod_rewrite Rule. The Header just behaves
the same as the original request. Does anyone know why? What am I doing wrong?

My module looks like this:

static int helloworld_handler(request_rec* r){
    if (!r->main) {
        apr_table_setn(r->headers_in, "X-CUSTOM-HEADER", "1");
    }
    return DECLINED;
}

static void register_hooks(apr_pool_t* pool){
    ap_hook_handler(helloworld_handler, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_FIRST);
}

module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA helloworld_module = {
    STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    example_directives,
    register_hooks
};

The .htacces file looks like this:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-CUSTOM-HEADER} 1 [NC]
RewriteRule from.html to.html

The Rewrite-Rule is never executes fine. It always show the content of from.html.

Thank you in advance,
Marc