httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Marantz <jmara...@google.com>
Subject Re: output filter ordering question: mod_deflate vs mod_headers vs mod_pagespeed
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 13:27:10 GMT
Thanks for the quick reply, Nick.  I played around with this idea but
couldn't get it to work. My filter now runs at
AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET + 1, to make sure it runs after mod_headers.  I don't
know how to try to coax mod_deflate to run after me.  I can prevent it from
running before me by removing it from the filter-chain in before my main
filter-function runs, but when I try to then put it back in the filter
chain after my main filter function, it doesn't appear to work.  But you
are right; this is a hack on a hack and perhaps not worth pursuing further.

Is mod_filter a mechanism I could use in Apache 2.2 to accomplish what I
need?  I found  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_filter.html and it
looks promising.  I'll give it a try.

The tone of your email made it sound like mod_filter is not quite ready,
but it's there in my distribution.  Can you elaborate on the state of
mod_filter?

Thanks!
-Josh