httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: output filter ordering question: mod_deflate vs mod_headers vs mod_pagespeed
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 06:30:53 GMT

On 17 May 2012, at 04:24, Joshua Marantz wrote:

> Or is that insane &/or dangerous?

AP_FTYPE_ values are something of a blunt instrument, not ideal
for cases where you care about ordering.  Running mod_headers
as a filter is a bit of a hack.  What you're proposing is kind-of building
a hack onto a hack.  I'm sure you can make it work (at least in
controlled circumstances where you're not competing against
other similar fudges) but IMHO you're right to be worried.

Having once upon a time written mod_filter to deal with more
complex configuration than the original design envisaged,
I wonder if your issue might be a hint that we should
revisit the API for programmatic configuration, and make
your proposal less hackish?

--
Nick Kew