httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Waldemar Klein <waldemar.kle...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Windows service startup configuration - how to find out the "working" process?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:57:54 GMT
Thanks, that already helped a lot.

I had this "post_config hook" thing somewhere in the back of my mind,
but didn't connect it with my problem as a possible solution. While
googling for it I also found child_init hook. I created logs to see
when those are called, and it seems the child_init hook is ONLY called
in the last, the "real working" configuration. I tested this with
direct calling (-X), as service (-k start/stop/restart) and also when
the service is started on boot, and it seems to work the same way
always. So, I'll just transfer all the heavy work to the child_init
hook.

In the process I also found out that I can store data in the in a pool
itself (i.e. not only allocating memory, but in a hash or table linked
to the pool), which I wasn't aware is possible. This was my first plan
to use to store a boolean variable, but the way child_init behaves, I
won't need this, it might come in handy in the future. This is done
with apr_pool_userdata_set and apr_pool_userdata_get.

This is only for Apache on Windows, didn't try it on Linux. If I ever
have to get it running on Linux, I'll cross that bridge when I come to
it*

Waldemar

*This doesn't fit exactly syntactically, but I had to use it, I wanted