httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Clift <f...@clift.org>
Subject How can I hook exactly just before the default file handler?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:06:22 GMT
Hi all,

I see that you can specify in the 2nd and 3rd options of the ap_hook_*
calls modules that should be before and after your module.  The
documentation states that this controls the sort-order of which modules
execute when.
What is the name of the default file handler?

Ideally I'd like to make sure I have a hook after any filename/path
translation is done so I can add a header with reasonable confidence that
nothing will twiddle it before it gets to the default file handler.  I'd
also like to make sure that no interpreters handled my file.

Is there an easy way to do this?  Is there a better way to ensure that my
module is only acting on actual real files and not on script output etc?

Even then, I know that the file handler may fail (permissions, etc) and not
read the file.  So I'm also planning on hooking at the logging phase too to
see.

Back to reading apache source :)

Fred  Clift