httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: How can I hook exactly just before the default file handler?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:30:20 GMT
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:06:22 -0600
Fred Clift <fred@clift.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I see that you can specify in the 2nd and 3rd options of the ap_hook_*
> calls modules that should be before and after your module.  The
> documentation states that this controls the sort-order of which modules
> execute when.

I suspect you're making your problem a whole lot more complex than
it need be.

> Ideally I'd like to make sure I have a hook after any filename/path
> translation is done so I can add a header with reasonable confidence that
> nothing will twiddle it before it gets to the default file handler.

A fixups hook would be the usual solution to that kind of requirement.

  I'd
> also like to make sure that no interpreters handled my file.

That's up to the server admin, not up to any module.  If a server
admin sets an interpreter (such as PHP) as handler, that's their
business.

If your module wants to take control of a request then it can
set its own handler (or unset the handler to get the default).
But then it needs to document that it breaks normal configuration!

--
Nick Kew