httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Daniil A Megrabjan <danil.megrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_ssl ignores connection->aborted & eos_sent
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:27:24 GMT

> > I'm writing a module which serves a special URL.
> > In cases when URL-string matches the special pattern my module sends the
> connection(SCM_RIGHTS) between HTTP client and Apache to another process.
> Furthermore, Apache child has been told to forget about this connection in
> this way:
> > r->connection->aborted = 1;
> > r->eos_sent = 1;
> >
> > After that my process communicates with HTTP-client by itself without
> Apache's assistance.
> >
> > Everything is fine with this scheme inside basic HTTP, but when I'm
> switching to HTTPS I can guess that mod_ssl ignores "aborted" and
> "eos_sent" properties and eventually drops the connection.
> >
> > How to persuade mod_ssl not to touch the connection?
>
> I don't think you can - or should. How will you decrypt the traffic?
> The SSL/TLS session parameters are private to mod_ssl.

Frankly speaking, not sure, but I hope that I am able to decrypt the
traffic in my process with libssl.
Anyway, as far as I understood I'm not allowed to change the default
behavior of mod_ssl. In this case there is the other question -  how to
register my hook to be really before  mod_ssl? and even if request has
been received on 443 TCP port process the request as usual HTTP.

Something like:
*
*
*static* *const* *char* * *const* aszPre[] = { "mod_ssl.c", NULL };

ap_hook_handler(ixcell_init_handler, aszPre, NULL, APR_HOOK_REALLY_FIRST);

doesn't help.

Cheers!

Dani.