httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Noordhuis <i...@bnoordhuis.nl>
Subject Re: mod_ssl ignores connection->aborted & eos_sent
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 21:48:10 GMT
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 22:34, Daniil A Megrabjan
<danil.megrabjan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a module which serves a special URL.
> In cases when URL-string matches the special pattern my module sends the connection(SCM_RIGHTS)
between HTTP client and Apache to another process. Furthermore, Apache child has been told
to forget about this connection in this way:
> r->connection->aborted = 1;
> r->eos_sent = 1;
>
> After that my process communicates with HTTP-client by itself without Apache's assistance.
>
> Everything is fine with this scheme inside basic HTTP, but when I'm switching to HTTPS
I can guess that mod_ssl ignores "aborted" and "eos_sent" properties and eventually drops
the connection.

> How to persuade mod_ssl not to touch the connection?

I don't think you can - or should. How will you decrypt the traffic?
The SSL/TLS session parameters are private to mod_ssl.