httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Rockefeller <benrockefell...@gmail.com>
Subject Threads and signals in a module
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:05:49 GMT
Hello,

I have a module which creates a thread using pthread_create and then
registers for SIGRTMIN+4 signal from another process. Problem is I do not
see a signal callback when the signal is sent to me. I only see it when I
try to kill apache where just before dying it hits the signal callback.

So something in Apache is blocking the signal. I am using worker MPM.
What could be the issue. I do not have much leeway into changing the design
of the module (the threading model comes from a separate lib which I link
into the module)...but I can change to use a different signal than
SIGRTMIN+4, etc.
I can also change apache and recompile apache if needed.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I have been stuck at this
for a while now :-(

Thanks