httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Oğuzhan TOPGÜL <oguzhantop...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance Evaluation of a Module
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 13:01:44 GMT
Hi all,
I have developed an apache module and i want to evaluate the performance of
my module.
I want to see how my module increases the load. I want to measure the
effect of my module on processor and memory.
I decided to set an evaluation environment using snmp and cacti.
I'm sending thousands of request from a laptop to the server which my
module is installed by using apache benchmark (ab). And i'm measuring load
average, memory usage data from cacti in two different cases (my module is
active and passive)

Do you think this is a good evaluation environment or do you have any
ideas, suggestions???

sincerely

Oguzhan