httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Baroukh <mbaro...@cardiweb.com>
Subject NoRobot module
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:07:38 GMT

Hi.

I have some pre-production servers that I don't wan't to be indexed by
search engines.
I tried many way to make a global rule that will always return

Disallow: /

for /robots.txt, but there are always special case where a vhost could
change this behaviour and be indexed.

I suppose a lot of other peole have the same problem.

So I made a module called "mod_norobot" that, once enabled will make you
sure that all your server will never be indexed.
It is really simple, but I was wondering if it could be useful to
others, so here it is, attached to this email.

Disclaimer :
I'm absolutly not a C ou System developer.
I'm a Java developer.
And this is my first module.
So maybe it could be made better ...

--