httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Townsend <martin.towns...@power-oasis.com>
Subject A few questions on Input Filters
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:17:30 GMT
Hi,

I have an input filter for processing POST requests and it was working
well until recently.  After debugging I found that it was due to a large
POST request (around 2680 bytes) which most of the time was handled as a
single bucket brigade with one heap bucket.  The problem occured when
the POST request was split into two brigades which are passed
independently to my filter. So my first question is this expected?  I
assume it is so I have to alter my filter to handle partial bucket
brigades.
If so, I take it I can infer a partial brigade by the fact that the EOS
bucket is not present?
Whilst looking through other input filters I notice they handle FLUSH
buckets, for my input filter I take it I can ignore these buckets as all
I'm trying to do is extract the POST data to a buffer and then process
it without altering it.
I noticed that one module's input filter ignored sub requests, does
anyone know when sub requests occur within the input filter phase and
whether I can ignore these too.

Many Thanks,
Martin.