httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Pranesh Vadhirajan" <vadhira...@teralogics.com>
Subject Reading content of requests entering Apache
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 15:33:53 GMT
Hello All,

     I would like to know how to be able to read the content of the request
that Apache receives.  I know I can get certain information out of the
request_rec structure that comes in on a request to Apache, but what I'm
asking here is how to be able to read the "contents" of packets being sent
to Apache.  In my test environment, I have our web site serving up video
streams.  We use Flash player (flowplayer) on the client side (end user).
Our server uses Wowza  to serve up the stream contents in html which then
get sent out from our web page.  Wowza and the flowplayer have some
handshaking between them to handle the client's request.

I can see the GET requests coming in from the client's flowplayer in the
request that Apache receives, by looking at the "the_request" field in the
request_rec structure.  I am also able to gather other details like the
client's IP etc. from the request_rec structure.

I would like to be able to look further into the request to be able to
access the contents of the message body that is being sent from the
flowplayer to Wowza via Apache.  I am not sure if the content is
encrypted/decrypted or encoded in some way.  Is there a way that I can look
at the encrypted/decrypted or encoded contents of  the message itself
through Apache's API?  That is, I want to be able to look into the packet
that passes through Apache and be able to parse it.

Thanks,
Pranesh