httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache shared memory implementation
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:52:02 GMT
On 11/16/2011 2:03 PM, Pranesh Vadhirajan wrote:

> I am trying to understand how to implement sharing of objects in memory between various
> processes in apache. I have been using the routines defined in <sys/mman.h> to
implement
> the shared memory mapping functionality. However, I am not seeing any actual sharing
of
> the objects in my output.

Hi Pranesh; you are more likely to get help with this on a linux
developer forum, since there is nothing Apache specific here.

You might want to look at the httpd scoreboard implementation,
or better yet, mod_socache_shm.c in the new betas, none of which
use the linux/unix shm conventions.  These are all based on the
portability layer in APR, so that the shared objects work on
additional platforms.