httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: basic example shared memory code
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:15:57 GMT
On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:41:02 -0500
"Pranesh Vadhirajan" <vadhirajan@teralogics.com> wrote:

> Nick, can you suggest some of these higher-level abstractions, please?  I have been trying
to make a module of mine work with a POSIX shared memory implementation, but I'm going nowhere
with that.  Are you referring to the apache shared memory implementation (apr_shm_...) or
something else?  Either way, if you could suggest what I should look into, it would be greatly
appreciated.

apr_shm is the old way of doing it.

Today I'd recommend looking at mod_slotmem, and the socache modules.
I used the latter for mod_authn_socache, which is a simple example.

--
Nick Kew