httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Marantz <jmara...@google.com>
Subject Re: po
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:24:52 GMT
On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Ray Morris <support@bettercgi.com> wrote:

> > this code has to run crazy fast and has lots of mileage on it.
> > OK given the stack-trace above it's hard for me to figure out
> > a path back from my module.
>
> Why not run the test without your new module loaded?

This is such an excellent idea.  The module is, unfortunately in this case,
generating the load for the load-test, as well as handling it.  I think I
can have the module do *less* but if the module is not loaded at all, then
there will be no load.

> That seems like a far simpler and more reliable indication
> of whether the issue is in the code with "mileage on it" or
> in the new code.

The code with "mileage" in protocol.c is not really under suspicion at this
point -- I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, except that it appears in
the stack at the time of the abort(), and mod_pagespeed doesn't.

The code that I suspect has a lot less mileage on it is the application
of pool debugging to the Worker MPM.  That's why I want to know if anyone
else has put those two together under heavy load.

-Josh