httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Funk <jasonlf...@gmail.com>
Subject mutex permission denied
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:20:30 GMT
I am trying to implement an apr proc mutex in my module. When I created the
mutex with APR_LOCK_DEFAULT the mutex is successfully created but I am
getting "Permission Denied" when I try to acquire the lock. I ran
"apr_proc_mutex_defname" to get the name of the default mutex type and it
is APR_LOCK_SYSVSEM. Without changing anything else, I changed
APR_LOCK_DEFAULT to APR_LOCK_POSIXSEM when creating the mutex, just to see
what happens and everything works fine. Of course, this isn't portable. Any
ideas why APR_LOCK_SYSVSEM doesn't work, but APR_LOCK_POSIXSEM does work?

Jason