httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <>
Subject Re: I need some idea about one unusual module with threaded communication :
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:21:25 GMT
On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 8:57 AM, milad rezai <> wrote:

> How can I communicate between different thread (one thread per client)?
> Problem : I need to develop a module with persistent connections, I have
> two
> kind of clients : one of them persistently sends data on connection and
> another must use and get from first kind of connections and place on his
> socket for feeding his client?

Consider using shared memory - or shm.  Using a search engine and "apache
module shared memory example" gives a previous thread on this list :

In it, Nick gives a pointer to look at the util_ldap source.

> Now how can I handle this type of module? Is Apache module development
> platform enough for writing this?

The examples will show you that there are components to the API that can be
used (for portability).

Hopefully, this will help.