httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Zaid Amireh <tum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy and modified headers in filters.
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 13:20:59 GMT

On Aug 8, 2011, at 3:56 PM, Ben Noordhuis wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:29, Zaid Amireh <tumbak@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm writing a module for Apache 2.2 that changes the content and thus needs to set
a new C-L header, all is working perfectly for static files and content generated from content
handlers (PHP & Ruby Passenger Phusion), an issue arose when testing with mod_proxy, it
seems that any changes the module does to the HTTP headers are being ignored by mod_proxy.

>> mod_proxy keeps serving the headers it first got from the backend source and disregards
any changes my module does, is it possible to change the headers in this case?

> Yes. Have a look at proxy_hook_fixups() in mod_proxy.h.

I just tried proxy_hook_fixups and it runs even before the proxy gets the content from the
backend which is not what I need, I also tried the other hook proxy_hook_request_status and
this one runs after the content has been sent to the client which means changing the headers
in it will have no effect.

I found proxy_hook_post_request which fits nicely to where I need to change the headers but
it is only executed when the backend sends an error so that won't work as well.

Did I miss something here?

Zaid